All Becase Members may benefit from the Becase Guest Refund Policy (the “Becase Guest Refund Policy” or “Guest Refund Policy” ), which is subject to the provisions below. The Becase Guest Refund Policy apply in addition to Becase’s Terms of Service (“Becase Terms of Service” or “Terms of Service”) and the Becase Platform Terms of Service ("Becase Payments Terms of Service” or “Payments Terms of Service”).
All capitalized terms shall have their meaning set forth in the Becase Terms of Service or Becase Payment Terms of Service, unless otherwise defined in this Guest Refund Policy. For all Members and Hosts, please note that the Guest Refund Policy supersedes any of the Becase Host’s Cancellation Policies that they choose to use.
By using the Becase Platform as a Host or Guest, you are indicating that you have read and that you understand and agree to be bound by this Guest Refund Policy.
The term “Travel Issue” can mean any one of the following definitions below:
- The Host of the Accommodation (i) cancels a booking before the Guest’s booking has even started, or (ii) fails to provide the Guest with a reasonable way to access the accommodation (by not providing the keys, security code, etc.)
The Description of the Listing is found by the Guest to be materially inaccurate with regard to the following:
- The size of the accommodation (e.g. number and size of the bedroom, bathroom, the presence or absence of a kitchen, garage, etc.)
- Should the booking of an accommodation be listed as being composed of an entire apartment unit/room or is a private room or shared room, however upon Check-in another agreement is applied (such as the Host sharing the accommodation with the Guest)
- Special amenities or features that is listed in the accommodation is not working (like decks, pools, hot tubs, bathrooms (toilet, shower, bathtub), kitchen (sink, stove, refrigerator or major other appliances), and electrical, heating or air conditioning systems, or
- he physical location of the accommodation (proximity to the Guest)
- At the start of the Guest’s check-in, the accommodation is found to be (i) not generally clean nor sanitary (ii) contains health and safety hazards that is expected to adversely affect the Guest’s stay in the accommodation and/or pose health risks to the Guest (iii) does not contain clean bedding and bathroom towels available for the Guest’s use, or (iv) contains vermin or pets that are not disclosed in the Listing’s description
The Guest Refund Policy
f you are a Guest and suffer a Travel Issue, we agree, at our discretion, to either (i) reimburse you up to the amount paid by you through the Becase Platform (“Total Fees” ) depending on the nature of the Travel Issue suffered, or (ii) use our reasonable efforts to find and book you another Accommodation for any unused nights left in your booking which is reasonably comparable to the Accommodation described in your original booking in terms of size, rooms, features and quality. All determinations of Becase with respect to the Guest Refund Policy, including without limitation the size of any refund and the comparability of alternate Accommodations, shall be in Becase’s discretion, and final and binding on the Guests and Hosts.
Conditions to Claim a Travel Issue
Here are the conditions that need to be met in order for you to submit a valid claim for a travel issue and receive the benefits with respect to your booking.
- You must be the Guest who has booked the accommodation
- You must bring the Travel Issue to us through any of the communication methods that we use listed below in the Contact Us section.
- You must present proof of the Travel Issue being true (such as photographs) of the Accommodation, as well as necessary important information about the Accommodation and the circumstances of the Travel Issue within 24 hours from (i) the start of your booking or (ii) when you discover the existence of the Travel Issue
- You must be ready to respond to any requests by us for additional information or for cooperation on the Travel Issue
- You must not have indirectly or directly caused the Travel Issue (through your action, omission, or negligence); and
- Unless Becase Platform has already informed you that the Travel Issue cannot be remediated, you must have used reasonable efforts to try to remedy the circumstances of your Travel Issue with the Host prior to making a claim for the Travel Issue.
Minimum Quality Standards, Host Responsibilities and Reimbursement to Guest
If you are a Host, you are responsible for ensuring that the Accommodations that you list on Becase Platform at least meet acceptable or decent quality standards regarding access, adequacy of the Listing description, safety, cleanliness, and do not present a Guest with travel issues.
Should the Guest be already staying in the accommodation, the Host must be reachable, either by being physically nearby, continuously monitoring the communication method agreed upon between you and the Guest, or by enlisting a Third-Parties help to resolve the issue. This is done in order to try, in good faith, to resolve any of the Guest’s issues.
If you are a Host and Becase Platform determines that (i) the Guest has suffered a Travel Issue related to an accommodation that is listed by you, and (ii) Becase Platform either reimburses that Guest up to the amount that they have paid you, or provides an alternative accommodation to the Guest, you authorize Becase Platform to use the amount that is to be paid for you for compensation to the Guest. Should the Guest need to be relocated to an alternative accommodation, you are also responsible for paying the additional fees needed to relocate the Guest. Depending on the Travel Issue, you may either receive no payout or a reduced payout from Becase Platform.
As a Host, you understand that, as mentioned earlier, the rights of Guests under this Guest Policy will supersede any rights that you have under the Cancellation Policy that you have selected. Should you choose to dispute the Travel Issue, you are free to notify us of the dispute via the communication methods listed below in the Contact Us section, and provide us with information and evidence (like photographs) as to why you think the claim should be disputed, provided that you have already used reasonable and good efforts to try to remedy the Travel Issue with the Guest prior to disputing the Travel Issue claim.
Except as they may be supplemented by additional terms and conditions, policies, guidelines, or standards, this Becase Guest Refund Policy constitutes the entire agreement regarding the Guest Refund Policy between Becase Platform and you regarding the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Becase Platform and you regarding the Becase Guest Refund Policy.
No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you or Becase Platform as a result of this Guest Refund Policy or your use of the Becase Platform .
If any provision of these Guest Refund Policy is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be struck and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Becase Platform’ failure to enforce any right or provision in these Guest Refund Policy will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing. Except as expressly set forth in this Policy, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Guest Refund Policy will be without prejudice to its other remedies under this Policy.
You may not assign, transfer, or delegate this Becase Guest Refund Policy and your rights and obligations hereunder without Becase Platform’ prior written consent. Becase Platform may without restriction assign, transfer, or delegate this Guest Refund Policy and any rights and obligations, at its sole discretion, with thirty (30) days’ prior notice. Your right to terminate this Guest Refund Policy at any time remains unaffected.
Unless specified otherwise, any notices or other communications permitted or required under this Guest Refund Policy, will be in electronic writing and given by Becase Platform via email, private messaging to your Becase Profile, Text (SMS) Message, Social Media Accounts, or Becase Website Notification.