Payment Terms of Service
As a user of the Becase Platform, payments form an integral part of anything that you do in the website. From booking an accommodation, to Hosts collecting their listing fees from Becase, virtually all transactions in the Platform will involve money. To capitalize on the many different payment methods available today, we at Becase are proud of the fact that we have one of the biggest varieties of payment methods available to all of our customers. In this section of the Becase Terms of Service, we will not only be giving detailed explanations of all of the different payment methods at your disposal, but we will also highlight all the important information that you need to know regarding Becase Payment Services (‘Payment Services ’). Please read this carefully as this section will contain important information on your legal rights, remedies, and obligations with the Becase Payments. By using the Platform, you agree to be bound by and to comply with these Payment Terms.
These Payment terms constitute a legally binding agreement (‘Becase Payment Terms of Service or Payment Terms of Service’) between you, Becase Platform, and Becase Corporation (as defined below), who governs the Payment Services that you are using for every transaction you make on the site, or on sites that are connected to ours.
When this Payment Term mentions ‘Becase’, ‘Becase Platform’, ‘Platform’, ‘We’, ‘Us’, or ‘Our’, these refer to the company governing the Becase Payments Services, Becase Corporation. The term ‘3rd Party Services’, refers to 3rd party organizations or businesses that we do business with, while ‘Users’, refers to all Becase Platform users as a whole, with ‘You’ referring to you as an individual belonging to the Becase Platform. However, should there be sections that will concern only certain users in the site, ‘Members’ refers to all of the members using The Platform, ‘Guests’ refers to all the members who are trying to book a listing, or are currently staying in booked listing, while ‘Hosts’ refer to the users who manage Listings, own accommodations, and permit Guests to stay there
Your contracting entity with the Becase Payment Terms of Service is Becase Corporation, the company responsible for overseeing and governing everything going on in The Becase Platform. As the Platform is based in the Philippines and only operates there, every transaction that is made, whether by Filipinos or Non-Filipinos, is overseen by Becase Corporation.
However, despite this being another Payment Terms of Service segment, this Becase Payment Terms of Service only govern all the financially related transactions that you make on the site. For your overall usage of the Becase Platform, please browse through the Payment Terms of Service to find the parts that are relevant to you.
Despite our promise in making this Payment Terms of Service as thorough as possible, there may be instances where our Members or Hosts may be required, or recommended, to enter unique payment processes or schemes with us ‘Payment Scheme’. Should there be a conflict between the customized Member or Host Payment Scheme and the Payment Terms of Service, the rules in the Payment Terms of Service will take precedence, unless specified otherwise by the company.
Scope and Use of the Payment Terms of Service
The Becase Platform, as managed by Becase Corporation, provides Payments Services to all Becase Users through the Payments Section of the Becase Platform. All transactions of the site, both from booking and receiving payment from listing, all the way to the payment of Becase commission fees, are to be transacted through this section.
However, the service can still be affected by interruptions or maintenance. Becase Platform, will, under the consideration of all the Becase Platform User’s legitimate interests, will provide prior notice before doing so. This prior notice will be done electronically, and will be broadcasted as a Text (SMS) Message, through Email, through a Private Message to your Becase Account, as a notification on the Becase Platform, and as a post on the Becase social media pages. These maintenance procedures, which may restrict certain parts of the site including Becase Payments, will be done to carry out maintenance measures to improve the site and ensure the security and protection of everyone’s data. Aside from maintenance measures, Becase Platform may also choose to improve the site by taking out certain features and replacing them with better improved versions, or by adding new features. Just like the maintenance measures, everyone will be given prior notice before such improvements take place, and it will be done using the same communication methods mentioned above. Should any changes be done to the Payments Services, all Becase Users will be notified, and should the changes warrant an increase in Becase Users’ contractual obligations, or decrease the Becase Users’ members’ rights, the changes will also be reflected in the Payment Terms of Service. Any changes done will require all Becase Users’ to recheck the Payment Terms of Service, and they will be given the option to accept or reject the changes done to the Becase Payment Terms of Service.
The Becase Payments Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources ‘Third-Party Services’. Such Third-Party Services contain a different set of Terms of Service and/or agreements, and so their practices when it comes to Payments or Data Privacy may be different. It is the obligation of all Becase Users to review the Terms of Service of all Third-Party Services before using their Service. Becase Payments Service will not be held liable for any misuse or violations done by any Becase User will using a Third-Party Service, nor will thecompany be held responsible for any damages or losses incurred while using a Third-Party Service, should the Becase User be found violating any of the Terms or Obligations stimulated in the Third-Party Service Terms of Service. Becase will, however, aid any disputes formed between Becase Users and Third-Party Services. This will be settled using all forms of dispute resolution up to and including arbitration, and any decisions made by the dispute resolution mediator will be final.
Your access to or use of certain Becase Payment Services may ask you to read and accept additional Terms of Service and/or agreements, and by using them, you signify to Becase that you have read the additional Terms of Service and/or agreements concerning the service. Should there be a conflict between any entry in the Terms of Service, and an applicable specific entry in this Payment Terms of Service, the ruling or definition in the Payment Terms of Service will be the one to follow, unless specified otherwise.
Key Definitions for Payment Terms of Service
- “Listing Payment” refers to the payment made by any Member to the Host of the Accommodation that they want to stay in. The Listing Payment refers to the total Payment made by the Member to book the listing, and it includes not only the Listing Fee set by the Host, but also other Accommodation/Service Fees that may be charged by the Host.
- “Listing Payout” refers to the Listing Payment being transacted, transmitted, or received by the Host of the Accommodation from the Member. The Listing Payout refers to the total Payment made by the Member to book the listing, and it includes not only the Listing Fee set by the Host, but also other Accommodation/Service Fees that may be charged by the Host. Taxes that need to be paid to the government/Commission rates that are charged by Becase are not deducted yet from the Listing Payout.
- ‘Listing Commission’ refers to the Commission that is deducted by Becase form the total Listing Payout that is received by the Host. The Listing Commission is automatically deducted, and is in a fixed percentage depending on the season. The seasons are classed according to expected demand for accommodations during a certain part of the year. These ‘seasons’ will be discussed in depth below.
- ‘Taxes’ refers to the fees that the government collects for their day-to-day operations and for their various programs. Taxes may be charged to any User in the site, and by using certain site features like booking a listing or getting paid for an accommodation are parts of the Platform where the government may collect taxes. The Philippine government collects various different kinds of taxes, and the applicable ones to your usage of the Becase Platform will be discussed in depth below.
- ‘Payment Method’ refers to any financial instrument that you have added, or chosen to use, for the payment of any service in the Becase Platform that requires payment. The financial instruments available for your use in the Becase Platform will be discussed in depth below.
- ‘Payout Method’ refers to any financial instrument that you have added to receive payments from Guests, the Becase Platform, or Hosts (if applicable). These Payout Methods vary, and the Payout Methods that are available for your use in the Becase Platform will be discussed in depth below.
- ‘Payment Gateway’ refers to any company that offers a service to e-commerce Platforms that offers direct payment processing, credit card, or debit card users. As a part of Becase Corporation, Payment Gateways are also utilized in Becase Payments. Important details regarding our Payment Gateway partners will be discussed in depth below.
- ‘Fees’ refer to the amount paid by a Member or Host in exchange for the services provided by the Host or the Becase Platform. Fees in this Payment Terms of Service will be used as an ‘umbrella term’ to cover all the different types of fees that may be encountered by all Becase users.
- ‘Cancellation Fees’ refer to the additional fee that is paid by the Guest to the Host, or vice versa, should they cancel their bookings. For Guests, the fees may either be a fixed amount or a percentage of the total listing, and it depends on the Refund Policy that the Host uses. For Hosts, the fee will be an amount set by Becase Platform.
- ‘Service Fees’ refer to the additional fee that is paid by the Guest to the Host for rendering additional services not included in the Listing Fee. Tours or Sightseeing trips are examples of Host Services that may have a Service Fee.
These ten (10) significant terms all constitute the various Becase definitions of the terms above, and all ten (10) terms will be used within this Payment Terms of Service where appropriate. The amount of definitions listed here may increase or decrease depending on the needs of this Becase Payment Terms of Service.
Modification of the Becase Payment Terms of Service
Becase Corporation, on behalf of the Becase Platform, reserves the right to modify this Payment Terms of Service at any time in accordance with this provision. However, to the best interest of your interest, should we make any form of Modification to this Payment Terms of Service, we will notify you through an electronic notification. To be specific, we will notify you through Text (SMS) Message, through Email, through a Private Message to your Becase Account, as a notification on the Becase Platform, and when you log into the site (should you have logged out). On this Payment Terms of Service tab, we will post the revised Becase Payment Terms of Services, indicate any changes done to it, and update the ‘Last Updated’ date on the top of the Payment Terms of Service. We will notify you of the modification at least thirty (30) days before the date that they will become effective. If you disagree with any of the modifications done to this Payment Terms of Service, then you are free to terminate your agreement with this Becase Payment Terms of Service with immediate effect. We will notify you through Text (SMS) Message or Email to terminate the Becase Payment Terms of Service. If you fail to terminate the Payment Terms of Service before any revisions made to the Becase Payment Terms of Service comes into effect, your continued usage of the site constitutes acceptance of the Becase Payment Terms of Service.
Eligibility and Member Verification
You must be at least eighteen (18) years old and able to enter a legally binding contract to use the Payment Service. Thus, by reading this Payment Terms of Service you warrant that you are eighteen (18) or older. Additionally, if you are applying as a Host, you must have an active bank account to be eligible.
Certain parts of the Becase Payments may be subjected to additional requirements before you are able to access it. Requirements that may be asked of you include verification checks and meeting eligibility requirements. These requirements may change without prior notice.
Although most of the Payment Services require that users verify their identities by taking presenting valid IDs and filling up necessary personal information, from time to time Becase may require its users to submit themselves to additional identity verification checks to minimize or eliminate instances of fraud. These identity checks are mandatory and will happen at random without prior notice. Due to the prevalence of money laundering, and in accordance with the ‘Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001’, Becase may ask you to do any one of the three actions:
- Asking you to provide any form of government-issued identification (like voter’s Identification Card (‘ID’ ), driver’s license, passport, etc.), and/or personal information related to your use of the Becase Payment Terms of Service (like address)
- Undergoing a verification process to verify your Email address, Payment Method or Payout Method
- Undergoing a process to screen your information against certain third-party databases
To those who refuse or are unable to undergo these processes, Becase Payments reserves the right to restrict, block, or limit your access to the features within Payments. As an added security measure and to protect the site, this will also be done temporarily should we be unable to verify your information due to any errors or problems on our part. Compliance with these processes will remove any restrictions you may have with using Becase Payments features.
Becase Payments Accounts Requirement
Due to the sensitive nature of the Payments feature, Becase users wishing to use the Payments Service must have accounts with good standing. Accounts with a history of violating site policies and Agreements may have limited or restricted access to Payments. Furthermore, accounts that have been removed or banned from using the Platform are automatically disqualified from using Becase Payments indefinitely. Owners of the account are prohibited from accessing the Payments Service from another user’s account.
Third-party usage of any account wishing to use the Becase Payments feature is allowed. With this, you acknowledge and agree that you as an account owner still holds overall responsibility for any features accessed or transactions made on your behalf.
Becase Payments’ Payment and Payout Methods
Becase has a wide range of Payment and Payout Methods available to both Members and Hosts. Listed below are the Payment and Payout Methods available for users as of writing this. The Payment and Payout Methods are subject to change at anytime. Definitions for the Payment and Payout Methods will be provided when necessary.
Becase allows Members and Hosts to utilize Payment Gateways. These Payment Gateways are all Third-Party Services and are trustworthy. As a product from Becase corporation, Becase Payments Payment Gateways are the same companies used by the rest of its products.
Payment Methods Available:
- Credit Cards - Credit cards from three of the world’s biggest credit card issues, namely Mastercard, Visa, and JCB, are accepted in Payments.
- Debit Card - Debit cards issued from local banks are all good to use. Debit cards issued from foreign banks can also be used, provided that they were issued a financial service that is accepted by Becase. Foreign Debit Cards issued by Mastercard, Visa, or JCB are accepted in Payments.
- PayMaya - Online Payment Accounts service that allows buyers with no credit card/debit card to pay for things online. To pay using PayMaya, it is required that you have downloaded their App either from the AppStore or Google Play, and have loaded a sufficient balance to your account through the various Money Partners that they have.
BDO Becase Account - To pay Becase Payments directly, you have two options, you are given two options: to
pay over-the-counter (OTC) or to pay online (if you are enrolled in BDO Online Banking Service. Here are the
steps for both methods):
Account Name: Becase Corporation
Account No. 001470136242
- Through BDO Online
- Before paying to us, ensure that all important information like your full name, date, address, etc. are included.
- Email a copy of the confirmation of payment slip to Becase, replying to the same Email thread containing the order confirmation.
- You will be called by Becase to confirm the receiving of your payment and to verify your booking.
- Once you place that information in your cash/check slip, ensure that all important information like your full name, date, cash breakdown, etc. are included.
- Email a photo of the deposit slip to Becase, replying to the same Email thread containing the order confirmation.
- You will be called by Becase to confirm the receiving of your payment, and to verify your booking.
Other Banks - It is also possible to pay Becase Platform through other banks aside from BDO. BPI, RCBC,
MetroBank, and PNB are just some of the banks that you can pay Becase with, both over-the-counter and
- Through Online Banking
- i. The Payments page will automatically redirect into a DragonPay page. There will be a drop-down list, please select your bank from there.
- Once you have selected your bank, log-in to your online banking account by entering your username/id and password that you would use for your log-in to your online banking account
- Once there, please select from your account the bank account that you want to use to pay for the listing. Some banks may require another password, so please type that in if that is the case.
- Press the pay button to finish paying for the accommodation. Most banks will send you an Email to notify that you have successfully released payment for Becase.
- The Payments page will automatically redirect you into a DragonPay page. There will be a drop-down list, please select your bank from there.
- Select your bank and then click the Continue button. A step-by-step procedure of what you have to do will be sent to your Email. Please read carefully.
- Go to any branch of the bank that you have selected, and then follow the instructions/details listed in the Email.
- Please confirm with DragonPay that you have completed the payment by sending them a quick web message or an SMS. The agent that you will talk to will then confirm if you have successfully released payment for Becase.
- Cryptocurrency - If you are holding Bitcoin (BTC ) or Etherium (Ether or ETH ), you can readily book your listing by following a simple step by step process. Using other coins may invalidate your process and cause you to lose them, so caution is advised here.
- Becase 50/50 Payment - Becase 50/50 Payment is a special payment scheme crafted by Becase Corporation for the Becase Platform. With Becase 50/50 Payment, we offer Members the option to pay only 50% of the total Listing fee from the Guest initially. The remaining amount will be paid directly to the Host upon check-in. The 50% that is unpaid will only need to be by the Guest if they are able to stay in the accommodation. This offers Guests a less worry-free experience should problems that prevent them from staying in the accommodation arise. However, this is a completely optional Payment Scheme, so we offer Hosts the option to adopt this or not.
Payout Methods Available:
Payouts to Hosts can only be done through one way, and that is through direct deposit to their bank account. Thus, as mentioned earlier in the Eligibility and Restrictions subsection, one initial requirement for Users to become eligible as a Host is to have a bank account. Any local banks will do. Hosts must take note that payments will initially be processed by Becase Platform twenty-four (24) hours after check-in date, and the payment will be transmitted to the Hosts two (2) days after the check-out date. We are not responsible for any wrong payments transmitted to Hosts due to incorrect/incomplete bank details.
For all Payment Methods and Payout Methods, you will be asked to provide customary billing information to Becase Platform and/or Third-Party Services. The customary billing information that may be asked from you may be at least one of these below:
- Your residential address, name on the account, account type, routing number, account number, payout currency, identification number and account information associated with a particular payment processor, etc.
For prompt and accurate processing of all financial transactions, we request that you provide complete, accurate, and detailed information to the best of you can. Should any damages, losses, or incomplete payments arise from your failure or inability to provide accurate billinginformation, we waive all responsibility from such incidents, except if such incidents are caused due to website interruptions, maintenance, hacks, or other untoward incidents from either our end or from other forces beyond our control. In this case, Becase Payments will assume limited liability and will aid in resolving the issue.
When you change or add a new Payment Method or Payout Method, Becase may test its validity by authorizing a small amount to be sent to that account, or by authorizing a Third-Party Service to check its validity. For further or more secure validity checks, we may also ask you authorize the receipt of one or two nominal payments from us to check if you indeed have received it, or to send us a copy of your billing address. However, in consideration to our Hosts, this, just like other verification methods, will all be done electronically, and will not require you to send us a physical hard copy of the document/s being asked from you.
Our Platform utilizes Third-Party Services to ensure that our Payment Methods are accessible to more people. However, we do not guarantee that the usage of our Third-Party Services is free. Some Third-Party Services may charge you additional service fees for using their program or Platform, or in certain cases, may deduct a certain amount from the total cost of the listing. In both of these circumstances, Becase waives all liability arising from the use and misuse of these Third-Party Services, and by using them, you are also agreeing to the Terms and Conditions that these Third-Party Services use. It is your obligation to read the Third-Party Service’s Terms and Conditions before using their service.
By using Becase Payments, you authorize us to keep your Payment Method information and Billing Information. However, Becase Payments promises to only reveal this information should partnered and authorized Third-Party Services need it (for payments processing and other reasons). Although it is your obligation to keep your Payment Method and/or Payout Method updated, and to be aware of all transactions made through your account, Becase Payments has the right to change the Billing Information and Payment Method information should the financial service you use requests or informs us that there are changes that need to be made to either of the fields.
Financial Terms for Becase Hosts:
Becase Hosts have certain financial obligations or rights that are exclusive to them. If you are a host, here are guidelines that you need to be aware of.
Generally speaking, Becase Payments will collect the payment for processing as soon as the Host approves the booking of the Guest. From there, the Payment will be readied for Payout twenty-four (24) hours after the check-in of the guest, for it to be given to the Host two (2) days after the Guest’s check-in. Here are some of the guidelines that Hosts need to be made aware of for their Payout to be a smooth experience:
As mentioned earlier, you can only receive Payout if you have a bank account registered with us. Thus, it is one of the requirements needed by Becase before interested individuals are approved to be Guests. Although possessing a Bank account is one of the requirements to become a Host, Becase will also help you in making sure that their Bank account details are accurate by doing verification checks with the Third-Party Service that the Host is using. Furthermore, Becase will also do random checks on our Hosts’ bank accounts to see if their information is still up-to-date. However, despite our checks, we waive all liability for all damages or losses that will be incurred because of your inaccurate or incomplete bank account information.
Although your payout should be ready for deposit to your account forty-eight (48) hours after Guest check-in, certain instances may arise wherein we may have to adjust the time that we will be depositing to your account. Should such incidents arise, we will send you a Text (SMS) Message, Email, or through a Private Message to your Becase Account to let you know.
The Payout that will be deposited to your account is inclusive of the Host Fees and Taxes that you are obligated to pay. There is no need for you to pay these individually, as these will already be deducted during our processing.
Should guests cancel their reservation, you may be entitled to a partial or full Payout of the Listing Fee. This amount is subject to both the Listing Fee and the type of Cancellation Policy that you are using. Please view the Guest Refund section for more information. However, should you cancel any booked reservation that you have with a Guest, the amount that you have charged the Guest will be returned to them, and you will be charged a Cancellation Fee by Becase.
Due to operational reasons, should the amount of your Payout be limited due to processing or operational issues, we will instead issue your Payout in smaller amounts over the course of a few days. We will inform you through a Text (SMS) Message, Email or through a Private Message to your Becase Account if this will be done.
Financial Terms for Guests
Becase Guests have certain financial obligations or rights that are exclusive to them. If you are a Guest, here are guidelines that you need to be aware of.
By using Becase Payments, you authorize us to use your Payment Method of choice to pay for your booking. The Becase Platform will collect your payment as soon as your Host approves your booking. The amount that Becase Payments will collect from you will vary depending on the Payment Method that you have chosen to use. If you pay through Payment Gateways like PayMaya or DragonPay, there may be Platform Fees or Service Fees that will be charged to you. This will increase your Listing Fee Payment. On the other hand, discounts or special deals may be offered to you by Becase. Should you choose to avail of these special deals, this will decrease your Listing Fee Payment. In certain circumstances, Becase may also permit you to pay the Listing fee in installments. An example of this would be Becase 50/50, as you will only need to pay for half of the Listing Fee initially. All of these payment deductions or additions, should there be any, will be listed in the Billing Section and your online copy of your Listing Receipt. For more details on the surcharges or discounts that our Third-Party Services may offer, please visit their respective Terms and Conditions sections. To prevent damages or losses, it is your obligation as a buyer to check these Terms and Conditions. Once you are done paying, Becase will collect the Payment that you have made for processing. Should we be unable to collect your payment in a timely fashion due to Platform issues, we will collect it at another time. Once the payment transaction that you have made is approved by the Third-Party Service, and your booking approved by the Host, you will be notified by us through a confirmation email and as a private message that will be sent to your Becase profile.
To check the validity of your Payment Method, we may test its validity by authorizing a small amount to be sent to your account, or by authorizing a Third-Party Service to check your account’s validity.
If a requested booking is cancelled by the Host due to unforeseen circumstances, then we will refund to you the full amount that you have paid as Listing Fee. If, however, you were the one to cancel, the amount that will be returned to you will vary depending on the Refund Policy that the Host is using, and the proximity of your Listing cancellation to your check-in date. Leaving the accommodation during your stay will only entitle you to a partial refund of your Listing Fee Payment at most.
By reading this section, you authorize Becase Platform to verify your Payment Methods through the various ways listed in this section. You also acknowledge that placing inaccurate or incomplete Billing information or Payment details may cause delays or rejections of your payments. As a Becase Platform Member, you are obligated to place accurate and complete Billing Information before booking a listing, and to keep it regularly updated. Becase will not be held liable for any damages or losses that may be incurred due to missing or incomplete Billing or Payment Method details.
Financial Terms for Both
The Becase Platform may charge fees for the use of certain Payment Services. Any applicable fees that will be charged will be disclosed to Members through receipts, confirmation slips, Emails, or through Private Messages to your Becase Account.
As a user of the Becase Platform, you authorize us to collect from you amounts that are pursuant to these Payment Terms, or the Becase Payment Terms of Service. Specifically, you authorize Becase Platform to collect from you:
- Any amount due to Becase Platform. These amounts may vary and are a result of your booking, Booking Modifications, Cancellations, other actions as a Guest, Co-Payer, Host, or User of the Becase Platform, including the reimbursement of costs prepaid by the Becase Platform on your behalf, by charging any Payment Method that you have on file in your Becase account. The Payment Method that you have on file will not charge you if you withdraw authorization for that Payment Method to charge you, or if you choose to withhold any amounts from your future Payouts. Any funds that Becase Platform will collect from you will setoff the amount owed to you by Becase, and will eliminate your obligation to the Platform.
- Taxes, which will be remitted by Becase Platform to the government agencies or institutions requiring such taxes;
- Any amount that you pay through the Resolution center, should a dispute between you and other Becase members require payment on your part. This will be settled by Becase charging any Payment Method that you have on file in your Becase account. The Payment Method that you have on file will not charge you if you withdraw authorization for that Payment Method to charge you, or if you choose to withhold any amounts from your future Payouts.
- Overstay Fees that you owe to the Host and the Becase Platform. In addition, Becase Platform may recover any additional costs or expenses that you have made during your overstay by charging any Payment Method that you have on file in your Becase account. The Payment Method that you have on file will not charge you if you withdraw authorization for that Payment Method to charge you.
- Service Fees or Cancellation Fees that you owe to the Host and the Becase Platform. The Becase platform will be entitled to collect the Fees from you from various ways, and it may involve us collecting the refund amount from your future Payouts.
- Fees, costs, and/or expenses associated with a Damage Claim. Should the Host charge a security deposit, that will be included. Should this happen, Becase will automatically collect what you owe by charging any Payment Method that you have on file in your Becase account. The Payment Method that you have on file will not charge you if you withdraw authorization for that Payment Method to charge you. Should that be the case, then Becase Platform is authorized to exhaust all legal means to collect what you owe.
In addition to all of these provisions are any delinquent amounts or chargebacks that are associated with your Payment Method. Becase will automatically collect from you through any Payment Methods that you have on file with your Becase account. The Payment Method that you have on file will not charge you if you withdraw authorization for that Payment Method to charge you. Fees that are under these categories are collection fees, convenience fees, and other third-party fees.
Both members and Hosts are entitled to receive refunds that are pursuant to the Becase Terms of Service and the Becase User Refund Policy. Becase Platform will initiate and remit the refunds in these scenarios. Although Dayo will initiate the processing and release of these payments immediately, you may receive a refund at a later date due to the processing times that your Payment Method has.
Payment Processing Errors
Any payment processing errors that Becase Platform may commit will be dealt with immediately. Should we become aware of any errors in any of the processes of a Payment transaction, we will immediately rectify any errors that were made. These steps may include limiting or stopping access to any feature in Becase Payment that has the error, informing our members through email, private messages, website announcement or social media post to limit or halt their usage of any feature in Becase Payment that has the error, and manually transmitting or manually processing any Payments owed to any Member or Host. The Payment Method that you have on file will not be used for payment if you withdraw authorization for that Payment Method to charge you.
We may initiate all legal collection efforts to collect any amount that you owe, should you deactivate or remove authorization to all of your Payment Methods.
As mentioned in the definitions, any authorized charges that remains unpaid for an excess of one hundred and twenty (120) days will be treated by Becase as overdue, and will be subject to an Overdue Fee. Overdues happen when we cannot reach and use any of the Payment Methods on your file for whatever reason and it has been one hundred and twenty (120) days, or in the case of Hosts, if you continuously choose to withhold any amount that you owe us from your Payouts and it has been one hundred and twenty (120) days. During this overdue period, you may be contacted by Becase through all communication methods that you have on our file, and Becase may initiate all legal collection efforts to you. Paying the Overdue Fee, and the other fees that you owe, will eliminate all obligations that you have to Becase Platform.
Any authorized charges that remains unpaid for an excess of three hundred and sixty-five (365) days will be treated by Becase as default, and will be subjected to an Overdue Fee and a Default Fee. Overdues happen when we cannot reach and use any of the Payment Methods on your file for whatever reason and it has been three hundred and sixty-five (365) days, or in the case of Hosts, if you continuously choose to withhold any amount that you owe us from your Payouts and it has been three hundred and sixty-five (365) days. When you are on default, your Becase Platform usage may be restricted, limited, or halted, you may be contacted by Becase through all communication methods that you have on your file, Becase may initiate all legal collection efforts to you, and Becase may initiate lawsuits against you. Paying the Overdue Fee, the Default Fee, the settlement charges lobbied by Becase against you should we choose to bring the case to court, and all the other fees that you owe, will eliminate all obligations that you have to Becase Platform, and will grant you access to the site. Re-verification and re-eligibility processes may be presented to you should you choose to access certain parts of the site.
If you are involved in a Damage Claim and agree to pay the Host, Becase Platform determines that you are responsible for the damages or losses done to a Host’s accommodation, or any arbitration or court ruling rules that you are responsible for the damages or losses done to a Host’s accommodation, then you authorize Becase Payments to automatically collect from you through any Payment Method that you have used for the booking to collect any security deposit that you have made, as well as any amount of the Damage Claim that exceeds the security deposit. However, should the accommodation not have a security deposit, then you authorize Becase Payments to automatically collect from you through any Payment Method that you have used for the booking. Should the Payment Methods be unable to reach, or you have removed all authorization for us to collect payments from the ones that you have on file, then we may initiate legal collection efforts to collect the payment from you. Additional information can be found in the Damage Claim section in the Becase Terms of Service.
You are solely responsible for your compliance with any of the Terms of Services, agreements, laws, rules, or regulations that you may contact with on our Platform and when you are using our partner Third-Party Services. In connection with your usage of Becase payments, you may not or you will not or will not assist or enable others to do the following acts:
- breach or circumvent any applicable laws or regulations, Terms of Service and/or agreements with third parties, third-party rights, or the Becase Terms of Service, the Becase Payments Terms, and the various Policies, Guarantees, and Agreements listed here.
- use the Payment Services for any commercial or other purposes that are not expressly permitted by these Becase Payments Terms;
- register or use any Payment Method or Payout Method with your Becase Account that is not yours or you do not have authorization to use;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Becase Payments or any of Becase Payments’ providers or any other third party to protect the Payment Services;
- take any action that damages or adversely affects, or could damage or adversely affect, the performance or proper functioning of the Becase Payment Services;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Becase Payment Services; or
- violate or infringe anyone else’s rights or otherwise cause harm to anyone.
Intellectual Property Rights and Ownership
The Becase Payment Services are protected by the premier copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights and ownerships law of the Philippines, Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines, officially known as the Republic Act. No. 8293. You acknowledge and agree that the Payment Services, including all associated intellectual property rights, are the exclusive property of Becase, Becase Payments, Becase Corporation, and its Third-Party Services. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Becase Payment Services and Becase Corporation. All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and any other proprietary designations of Becase or Becase Payments used on or in connection with the Payment Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of Becase, Becase Payments, and Becase Corporation in the Philippines. Trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and any other proprietary designations of third parties used on or in connection with Payment Services are used for identification purposes only and may be the property of their respective owners.
You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast, or otherwise exploit the Becase Payment Services, except as expressly permitted in these Payments Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Becase, Becase Payments, or its authorized Third-Party Services, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Becase Payments Terms.
If you have anything particular in mind, please let us know by providing feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvement to the Payment Services (‘Feedback’). Feedback can be submitted here by emailing us through the ‘Contact’ section of the Dayo Platform, or by contacting us through the ‘Contacting Becase Payments’ Section. Any Feedback that you send to us will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. By submitting Feedback to us, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use and publish those ideas and materials for any purpose, without compensation to you.
Becase Payments explicitly disclaims all liability for any act or omission of any Member or other third party. Becase Payments does not have any duties or obligations as agent for each member, unless explicitly stated in any of the Payment Terms of Service. If we choose to conduct identity verification on any Member, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, that such checks will identify prior misconduct by a Member or guarantee that a Member will not engage in misconduct in the future. The foregoing disclaimers apply to the maximum extent permitted by law. You may have other statutory rights or warranties which cannot lawfully be excluded. However, the duration of any statutorily required warranties shall be limited to the maximum extent (if any) permitted by law.
You acknowledge and agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the entire risk arising out of your access to and use of the Becase Payment Services remains with you. If you permit or authorize another person to use your Account in any way, you are responsible for the actions taken by that person. Neither Becase Payments, Becase Platform, Becase Corporation, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Payment Services will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages, including lost profits, loss of data or loss of goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure or the cost of substitute products or services, or for any damages for personal or bodily injury or emotional distress arising out of or in connection with (i) these Payments Terms, (ii) from the use of or inability to use the Payment Services, or (iii) from any communications, interactions, or meetings with other Members or other persons with whom you communicate, interact, transact, or meet with as a result of your use of the Becase Payment Services, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), product liability, or any other legal theory, and whether or not Becase Payments has been informed of the possibility of such damages, even if a limited remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose. Except for our obligations to pay amounts to Members or Hosts pursuant to these Payments Terms, in no event will Becase Payments’ aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with these Becase Payment Terms of Service, and your use of the Payment Services including, but not limited to, from your use of or inability to use the Payment Services, exceed the amount you have paid or owe for bookings via the Becase Platform as a Guest in the twelve (12) month period prior to the event giving rise to the liability, or if you are a Host, the amounts paid by Becase Payments to you in the twelve (12) month period prior to the event giving rise to the liability. The limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between Becase Payments and you.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to release, defend (at Becase Payments’ option), indemnify, and hold Becase Payments and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your breach of these Becase Payment Terms of Service; (ii) your improper use of the Becase Payment Services; or (iii) your breach of any laws, regulations, or third-party rights.
Termination, Suspension, and other Measures that may affect this Payment Terms of Service
This Becase Payment Terms of Service between you and Becase Payments will continue unless and until it is terminated, suspended or other measures are taken as described in this Section.
You may terminate this Payment Terms of Service at any time by sending us an Email, or by following the termination procedures specified in the Becase Terms of Service. Terminating this Payment Terms of service will also serve as notice to cancel your Becase Account pursuant to the Becase Terms of Service. If you cancel your Becase Account as a Host, Becase Payments will provide a full refund to any Guests with confirmed booking(s). If you cancel your Becase Account as a Guest, Becase Payments will initiate a refund for any confirmed booking(s) based on the Listing’s cancellation policy.
Without limiting our rights specified below, Becase Payments may terminate this Payment Terms of Service for convenience at any time by giving you thirty (30) days' notice via Email to your registered Email address, through a Text (SMS) Message, and through a private message to your Becase profile.
Becase Payments may immediately, without notice terminate this Payment Terms of Service if (i) you have materially breached your obligations under this Payment Terms of Service; (ii) you have provided inaccurate, fraudulent, outdated, or incomplete information; (iii) you have violated applicable laws, regulations, or third-party rights; or (iv) Becase Payments believes in good faith that such action is reasonably necessary to protect other Members, Becase, Becase Payments, Becase Corporation, or third parties (for example in the case of fraudulent behavior of a Member).
In addition, Becase Payments may limit or temporarily or permanently suspend your use of or access to the Payment Services (i) to comply with applicable law, or the order or request of a court, law enforcement, or other administrative agency or governmental body, or if (ii) you have breached these Payments Terms, the Becase Terms of Service, applicable laws, regulations or third-party rights, (iii) you have provided inaccurate, fraudulent, outdated, or incomplete information regarding a Payment Method or Payout Method, (iv) any amounts you owe under these Payments Term are overdue or in default, or (v) Dayo Payments believes in good faith that such action is reasonably necessary to protect the personal safety or property of Becase, its Members, Becase Payments, Becase Corporation, or its partner Third-Party Services, or to prevent fraud or other illegal activity.
In the case of non-material breaches and where appropriate, you will be given notice of any measure by Becase Payments and an opportunity to resolve the issue to Becase Payments' reasonable satisfaction.
If Becase Payments takes any of the measures described in this Section you may appeal such a decision by contacting the Becase Customer Service. Contact details are listed below.
If you are a Host and we take any of the measures described in this Section we may refund your Guests in full for any and all confirmed bookings, irrespective of preexisting cancellation policies, and you will not be entitled to any compensation for pending or confirmed bookings that were cancelled.
If your access to or use of the Becase Payment Services has been limited or this Payment Terms of Service has been terminated by us, you may not register a new Becase Account or attempt to access and use the Payment Services through other an Becase Account of another Member.
Becase Payment Terms of Service Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These Becase Payment Terms of Service is only applicable in the Philippines, as it complies with the provisions and contents set forth in Philippine Law. Should there be legal issues and disputes that cannot be settled with Dispute Resolution Methods and can only be settled with Judicial Proceedings, they must be brought to Local Courts within Metro Manila, unless we agree to another destination. You and we consent to venue and personal jurisdiction in the Metro Manila Area, Philippines.
Dispute Resolution and Arbitration Agreement
Introduction and Overview to the Arbitration Process. As an alternative to traditional judicial proceedings, Becase is willing to participate in a consumer-friendly dispute resolution process. To that end, Becase Payment Terms of Service provides for a two-part process for individuals to contest their dispute against Becase Platform or other Users that are affiliated with the Platform. The first step of the two-part process is the (i) direct informal negotiation with the Becase Customer Support Team, and (ii) a binding arbitration to be administered by an arbitrator. This arbitrator must comply with the following guidelines below:
- The Arbitrator must be accredited by the Phililppine Institute of Arbitrators (PIARB)
- He/she must have a neutral stance, and no one party can unilaterally elect an arbitrator.
- Arbitrators must have share no relations with any one party. Furthermore, Arbitrators must reveal if they have a personal bias with any one party.
- Parties retain the right to seek small claims in court, at their option.
- Arbitrators can decide for a remedy given both parties’ claims.
Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution and Notification. Prior to initiating an arbitration, you and Becase Payments each agree to notify the other party of the dispute and attempt to negotiate an informal resolution to it first. We will contact you at the email address you have provided to us; you can contact Becase’s customer service team by emailing us. If after a good faith effort to negotiate one of us feels the dispute has not and cannot be resolved informally, the party intending to pursue arbitration agrees to notify the other party via email prior to initiating the arbitration. In order to initiate an arbitration, a claim must have been made by both parties, a list of potential arbitrators should have been made (it is recommended but not required to ask PIARB for a list of arbitrators that can handle the dispute), and a written Demand for Arbitration must have been crafted by the Users dispute party. All three requirements must have been shared with Becase Platform, all opposing parties, and the arbitrator in advance before the arbitration hearing begins.
Agreement to Arbitrate. You and Becase Payments mutually agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Payment Terms of Service or the applicability, breach, termination, validity, enforcement or interpretation thereof, or to the use of the Payment Services (collectively, “Disputes”) will be settled by binding individual arbitration (the “Arbitration Agreement”). If there is a dispute about whether this Arbitration Agreement can be enforced or applies to our Dispute, you and Becase Payments agree that the arbitrator will decide that issue.
Exceptions to Arbitration Agreement. You and Becase Payments each agree that the following claims are exceptions to the Arbitration Agreement and will be brought in a judicial proceeding in a court of competent jurisdiction: (i) Any claim related to actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property rights; (ii) Any claim seeking emergency injunctive relief based on exigent circumstances (e.g., imminent danger or commission of a crime, hacking, cyber-attack). These scenarios are not subject to the venue and personal jurisdiction agreement between the concerned party and Becase Platform.
Arbitration Rules and Governing Law. This Arbitration Agreement is an evidence, thus, is essentially a commercial related transaction. Thus, this arbitration will have to be administered by an arbitrator accredited by PIARB. Arbitration in the Philippines is fully promoted by the State as a form of dispute resolution since Republic ActNo.876 passed in June 19, 1953. The law was responsible for laying a basic groundwork and definition on what Arbitration is, however, it did not really push for arbitration as an alternative to judicial proceedings in the Philippines. Republic Act No. 9285, passed on February 4, 2004, further expanded the definition of what arbitration is, and modified the dispute resolution so it would be more compatible with Philippine legal procedures. The guidelines that were stipulated above are partly based on official Philippine Arbitration Laws. The first law, the Special Rules of Court on Alternative Dispute Resolution Act established October 30, 2009, laid all the guidelines for the adoption, preparation, and execution of all arbitration cases, to be complied with by both involved parties in the arbitration and the arbitrator themselves, and the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Act of 2004 officialized what was mentioned in the former ruling, as well as laid down a concrete order, so that both the general public and the judicial courts may look at arbitration as an accepted alternative to legal proceedings.
Arbitrator’s Decision. Any decisions made by the Arbitrator in the dispute can be regarded as temporary relief, and upon the insistence of any one of the parties involved, the award can still be judged in an official court.The arbitrator’s decision will include the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator based the award. However, in the case of extreme scenarios where it is required to provide immediate relief to any one party involved, the arbitrator has the right to award declaratory or injunctive relief. It can only be awarded to an individual basis in these cases.
Except as they may be supplemented by additional terms and conditions, policies, guidelines, or standards, these Becase Payment Terms of Service constitute the entire Terms of Service regarding the Payments Service between Becase Payments and you regarding the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Becase Payments and you regarding the Payment Services.
No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you or Becase Payments as a result of this Payment Terms of Service or your use of the Payment Services.
If any provision of these Payment Terms of Service is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be struck and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Becase Payments’ failure to enforce any right or provision in these Payment Terms of Service will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing. Except as expressly set forth in these Payments Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Payments Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Payments Terms or otherwise permitted under law.
You may not assign, transfer, or delegate this Becase Payment Terms of Service and your rights and obligations hereunder without Becase Payments’ prior written consent. Becase Payments may without restriction assign, transfer, or delegate this Payment Terms of Service and any rights and obligations, at its sole discretion, with thirty (30) days’ prior notice. Your right to terminate this Payment Terms of Service at any time remains unaffected.
This Becase Payment Terms of Service does not and is not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than the parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the parties agree that the payment card networks are third-party beneficiaries of this Payment Terms of Service for purposes of enforcing provisions related to payments, but that their consent or agreement is not necessary for any changes or modifications to this Payment Terms of Service.
Unless specified otherwise, any notices or other communications permitted or required under this Payment Terms of Service, will be in electronic writing and given by Becase Payments via email, private messaging to your Becase Profile, Text (SMS) Message, Social Media Accounts, or Becase Website Notification.